Degrees and Certifications:
MA School Counseling BA Middle Grades Education
Mrs. Adrianne Noonoo
Hi and welcome to my webpage! I'm thrilled to continue working as the K-2 School Counselor at Wolf Meadow Elementary! I have the opportunity to see students in classes, in small groups, and individually. I also work with families and community organizations and agencies to support our students. This is my fifth year as an elemetary school counselor, I previously taught middle school science and math. Please check out my virtual counseling office.
Please Join our Student Services Canvas page for more information from our team of school counselors, our school social worker, and our school psychologist here at Wolf Meadow!
I am excited to work with students helping them to develop important skills needed not only in elementary school, but also later on in life. In kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade classes students will learn about positive character traits and how to demonstrate the traits to others. Second graders are learning about how to handle conflicts with others. Kindergarteners and 1st graders are learning all about emotions, and how to calm down when experiencing strong emotions.
Remote Counseling Services for Plans C
CCS Student Services Team members are here to support students and staff through academic and social emotional growth. We are a critical part of the CCS team. As we navigate through virtual learning, we wanted our CCS families to be aware that we may be able to provide some supports virtually. Please remember that we always adhere to our professional guidelines and ethics for practice (NC Department of Public Instruction, NASW, NASP, and ASCA), whether we provide these services face to face or virtually. We want our families to understand that we are bound to our confidentiality guidelines.
Our interaction and conversations with students are confidential unless a student discloses harm to self, harm/threat to others, and harm and mistreatment to a vulnerable child or adult. Counselors, Social Workers and Psychologists may be in contact with students through Teams or other voice formats. Parents who are opposed to engaging supportive counseling for their children may contact their principal to opt out of such support.
- Be sure you or your child has CCS email address and password in order to access Teams. Here are basic directions on how to join the Teams online class meeting.
- We ask that students be in a stable location (not driving, walking around, etc.).
- Students should be in a private location. We encourage students to use headphones for privacy if preferred.
- Students can be in view of camera from neck up only (wearing appropriate clothing, not lying in bed, engage in activities, etc.).
- Younger children may benefit from greater parental involvement to help understand the technology and content discussed.
- Parents and students in remote locations (not at home for example) should be prepared to offer their location if needed.