STEM Portfolio of Distinction
Overview of STEM Portfolio of Distinction Process
This is a process that will set you apart as a student who has not only seriously pursued college-readiness and workforce goals, but also who has spent time documenting those experiences. STEM Distinction seniors stand out as students who are well rounded and focused.
- We encourage you to exceed the minimum requirements set forth in this guide
- The portfolio process is a natural one for students who are college and workforce bound, and will help you throughout an application process for either.
- All activities must be completed a few months before graduation. Your portfolio advisor (homeroom teacher) will review your portfolio. Once approved, you will receive “STEM Distinction” status and receive your graduation stole.
- Your portfolio should reflect an on-going process. Last minute cramming of experiences will not be considered for Distinction.
- Pay careful attention to deadlines. They will be communicated in multiple ways: website, homeroom, Remind.com, and directly from your STEM teachers.
- Please see the links below about requirements for each grade level.
Student Requirements (CLICK HERE) for 2017-2018
*Note: please pay careful attention to the breakdown requirement for each class
Important Portfolio Documents
STEM Event Log: Use this form when logging your community connections, volunteer hours, and enrichment trip experiences.