Rocky River Elementary Music Department
Welcome Back Video:
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Eric Bond-Music
Hello and welcome to the music department webpage. My name is Mr. Bond and I am so excited to be here at Rocky River. I love being your child's music teacher.
Here's some information about me:
Mr. Bond grew up in Pulaski, Virginia. He attended Snowville Elementary School, Dublin Middle School, and graduated from Pulaski County High School in 1992. Currently, Mr. Bond resides in Charlotte, North Carolina and teaches music at Rocky River Elementary School in Concord, North Carolina.
Mr. Bond began his musical studies at Radford University in the fall of 1994. While attending Radford University he studied music education with a concentration in vocal performance. Mr. Bond also focused on piano performance and accompanying. He received his B.M.E. (Bachelors of Music Education) in the spring of 1998.
In the fall of 1998 Mr. Bond was offered a job teaching general music at Nations Ford Elementary School and moved from Virginia to the Queen City of Charlotte, NC. He taught general music and chorus at Nations Ford Elementary School for six years.
In 2004 Mr. Bond was accepted into the prestigious North Carolina Principal Fellow's Program and took an educational leave of absence. He attended the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and studied School Administration along with Curriculum and Instruction. In the spring of 2006 Mr. Bond received his Masters in School Administration.
In 2005, while a student at UNC-C, Mr. Bond had the privilege of serving as a principal intern at Cox Mill Elementary School in Concord, NC. Following his internship Mr. Bond was offered the job of Assistant Principal at Cox Mill and worked there for four more years.
Mr. Bond had the distinct honor of opening the music program at Patriots Elementary School in the fall of 2010. During that same year Mr. Bond was named Patriots Elementary School's very first Teacher of the Year.
For the past 22 years Mr. Bond has taught music to hundreds of students in Charlotte and in Concord, North Carolina. Mr. Bond also owns and operates his own private music studio, "Music on the Move." Mr. Bond's motto is to "move and motivate minds through music!" Music is a language that is meant to be shared.
A.A.S., General Studies: New River Community College, Dublin, VA, 1994
B.M.E., Music Education: Radford University, Radford, VA, 1998
M.S.A, School Administration, with a concentration in curriculum and instruction: University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, 2006
Choral Studies: Appalachian State University: Boone, NC 2001 - 2004
Professional Experience & Training
- General Music Teacher, Nations Ford Elementary School, Charlotte, NC: 1998 - 2004; Patriots Elementary School, Concord, NC: 2010 - 2015; Smithfield Elementary School, Charlotte, NC: 2015 - 2017; Rocky River Elementary School, Concord, NC: 2017 - present
- Private Piano Teacher, Radford, VA & Charlotte, NC:1994 - Current
- Studios: Radford University Community School of the Arts, Allegro Academy of Performing Arts(Charlotte, NC), and current private studio Music on the Move.
- Piano Training: Dr. Kathyrn Obenshain, Mrs. Nitza Katz, Dr. David Phillips, Mrs. Pamela Trent, and Mrs. Caryl Conger: Radford University, Radford, VA
- Vocal Training: Elizabeth Curtis, David Castonguay, and Gary Fulsebakke: Radford University, Radford, VA
- Choral Teaching Experience: First United Methodist Church, The Methodist Miracles Youth Chorus, Pulaski, VA; Radford University, Voices in Harmony, Radford, VA; First Presbyterian, The Joyful Noise, Pulaski, VA
K - 12 Music Education Teacher
K - 12 Principal
K - 12 Curriculum and Instruction Specialist
K - 6 Elementary Education
Sallie Mae First Year Outstanding Teacher
Harris Teacher of the Year
North Carolina Principal's Fellow
2011 Teacher of the Year for Patriots Elementary School
2019 Teacher of the Year for Rocky River Elementary School