Thank you for visiting the HRHS Performing and Visual Art Department!Create! Communicate! Collaborate! - The Mantra of the 21st Century Learner
Arts Education enhances these 21st Century Skills: self confidence, imagination, empathy,cooperation and collaboration, concentration, emotional expression, relaxation,self-discipline, trust, physical fitness, memory, social awareness, non-verbalexpression, physical self-awareness, & communication.
Benefits of Arts Education
- Has a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of every child and has proven to help level the "learning field" across socio-economic boundaries.
- Strengthens problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement and school success.
- Develops a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance, and goal-setting—skills needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
- Teaches children life skills such as developing an informed perception; articulating a vision; learning to solve problems and make decisions; building self-confidence and self-discipline; developing the ability to imagine what might be; and accepting responsibility to complete tasks from start to finish.
- Nurtures important values, including team-building skills; respecting alternative viewpoints; and appreciating and being aware of different cultures and traditions.
Last Modified on February 24, 2014