Welcome to Art 3
DESCRIPTION OF COURSE
Art 3 is designed to help prepare students for life beyond the classroom by developing problem solving skills through the creation of different types of art. We will study drawing, painting, printmaking, bookbinding, ceramics, and art history - at a more rigorous level than Art 2 and prepares students for their Art 4 (AP) portfolio. Throughout the year artists will create original works, learn more complex techniques, and hone their skills.
- Be on time and prepared to work at the beginning of each class. Your participation in class is part of your nine-week grade and your final grade.
- Sketchbook is required for this class, you will use this to keep your notes for class and do your graded sketchbooks assignments in.
- All projects will be submitted by their due dates as part of the nine weeks and final grade.
- CANVAS is required for this class. It will be used for notes, assignment, posting in progress photographs, and final project photographs.
- Assignments must be completed on time.
- The art fee for this class is $10.00 and will be used to purchase supplies needed for the projects during the semester. This fee should be paid as soon as possible so that we can order the required materials.
- $10 Art Fee (Pay Here)
- Glue Sticks
- Black Fine and Extra Fine Tip Sharpie Markers
- Regular Pencils
Recommended: Students may prefer to have their own set of paint brushes and Prismacolor colored pencils.
Grades in this class will come from projects, participation, sketchbook assignments, classwork and quizzes.
All projects are graded based on a rubric that focuses on concept, creative expression, craftsmanship and class work.
A small homework assignment may occasionally be assigned. If classwork is not completed, it becomes homework. So please use your class time wisely.
A note regarding the CMHS Art Department’s grading policy: Your participation grade is 25% of your nine-week grade. Participation grades will be given at the end of each project and each class. Points will be taken off for lack of participation, tardiness on projects, inappropriate behavior, not working during class, playing on phone or failure to clean up at the end of the class period.
Final Semester Grade