Getting Started with JJ
90% of Cox Mill High School students go to college after high school. Junior Jumpstart is one of many resources CMHS School Counselors provide to help our students and their families prepare for the college-application cycle. Juniors who complete the recommended Five Steps to the Future will be well-prepared for the college application process. We recommend that Juniors and their parents/guardians engage in Junior Jumpstart in the spring of the student's 11th grade year of high school. Begin by watching this short video provided by your CMHS School Counselors.
CMHS College Info Night 2021
Using the JJ Page
The questions that typically come up as students begin the college application cylce are addressed in the resources on this page. Here are some tips for making the best use of these resources:
- Don't try to absorb all of this in one sitting.
- Download Five Steps to the Future (a viewing & action plan for you).
- Block out time in April, May or June of your junior year to complete this.
- Have a computer handy & use a notebook or notetaking app.
- Empower yourself with info! Prioritize the Five Steps to the Future action steps.