For College Bound Seniors
Seniors if you plan on attending a university in the fall you may be eligible for the Gina Guthrie Scholarship. Gina Guthrie had an extreme love for life and education. The essay deadline is May 10th. Please visit www.GinaGuthrieScholarshipFund.com
- Senior Scholarship Form: You will enter information in this google doc for awards/scholarships you have recieved so that you can be recognized during Awards Day
Fall 2021 NC College Admissions Deadlines and Open House Information: Coming Soon!
- Scholarship Interest Form: You will enter information in this googe doc for merit scholarships you are interested in being nominated for by the scholarship committee.
- Early Action means that you are applying by an earlier deadline. We suggest you do this if possible. For the most part, the percentage of students that get accepted is greater in those that apply by the early action deadline and more scholarship money is awarded to these students since money tends to run out if you wait until the final deadline to apply.
- Early Decision is an agreement between you and the college. By selecting to apply Early Decision, you are stating that if the college accepts you, you are committing to enroll in this college. For this reason, you are only allowed to select Early Decision for one college.
- Simplified instructions for completing the FAFSA
- Important information about Residency Determination
- Be sure to give teachers 2 weeks to write a recommendation letter.
- Show why you are unique and proofread everything! "I tutored children during the summer." is very different than "I tortured children during the summer."
- A list of NC colleges and admission requirements, deadlines, and open houses.
- This is a list of all colleges that use Common App
- Appalachian State, NC A&T, NCSU, UNC Ashville, UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Charlotte, UNC Greensboro, UNC Wilmington
- Profiles of NC Schools
- It is often very beneficial to apply early, however, it is not for everyone. This article explains the benefits of applying early.
- This link provides a conversion chart for SAT/ACT.
- Use this link to register for the ACT, find your ACT scores, and find popular student and parent resources.
- Use this link to register for the SAT and send scores to colleges.
- A list of colleges that require SAT subject tests
- Financial Aid and scholarships can be hard to navigate. This article provides important tips to make sure you don't get hooked into a scam.
- Students applying for college must fill out the FAFSA and RDS. This can be a long process. This chart helps you to have everything in place before you start to fill out these forms.
- This link provides information about FAFSA Day. NCSECU provides assistance with FAFSA completion at no charge.
- This article explains how to get an FSA ID. You will need this to fill out the FAFSA.
- This document outlines the minimum requirements to enroll in a NC college.
- Students who are interested in playing a sport in college must register through NCAA. Please visit the link above to create and account and register. Be sure to look at NCAA Checklist and Frequently Asked Questions document. Note new academic requirements for D1 and D2 schools.
- A list of things you need to complete if planning to attend a 4-year college
- Information on how to apply to a 2 year or community college