ATTENTION: RCCC is tuition free ONLY.
CCP students are required to pay certain fees such as textbooks (including all-inclusive e-textbooks) and if they are taking 9 or more credits a student activity fee and any associate lab fees.What is Career and College Promise?"Career and College Promise provides seamless dual enrollment educational opportunities for eligible North Carolina high school students in order to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills. Rowan-Cabarrus offers a variety of pathways for students who are interested in pursuing a College Transfer Certificate or a Career Technical Certificate Pathway." You can also learn more about the CCP program through this video.
Who is eligible to take CCP College Transfer Pathway classes?
Who is eligible to take CCP Career and Technical Education Pathway classes?
- High school juniors and seniors
- With a unweighted GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Who are deemed college ready by test scores (SAT, ACT, PSAT, NCDAP)
What are the pathways/tracks for CCP?College Transfer Pathways:
- High school juniors and seniors
- With a unweighted GPA of 2.8 or higher (or have the recommendation of high school principal)
- Meet the prerequisites for courses within the career pathway
- Associates in Arts
- Associates in Fine Arts
- Associates in Science
- Associates in Engineering
Career and Technical Education Pathways:
Where do I take CCP classes?
- Advertising & Graphic Design Certificate
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Biotechnology Certificate
- Computer-Integrated Machine Basic
- Computer-Integrated Machining CNC Operator
- Construction Management
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Systems Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Esthetics Technology
- Fire Protection Technology
- Information Technology Essentials Certifiate
- Information Technology Mobile Device Programming Certificate
- Manicuring/Nail Technology
- Mechanical Drafting Technology Certificate
- Motorsports Management Technology
- Nursing Aid Certificate
- Welding Technology
Who do I talk to and how do I register for CCP classes?
- Classes are offered either online or at either North or South campus at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
- When you meet with your counselor during registration, you will indicate that you are interested in taking a CCP course at RCCC. The counselor will check your eligibility and provide you with the required paperwork to fill out.
- Students will need to complete a Career & College Promise Application and Student Agreement Form
- Some students may need to schedule a placement exam if they do not meet the PReACT/ACT, PreSAT/SAT requirements. To schedule a placement exam please click here.
For more detailed information, please visit: https://www.rccc.edu/highschool/See the 2016 information booklet for more details as well: CCP Information Booklet
CCP Pathways Overview
- Pathway in Arts: allows you to take a maximum of 2 English, 3 Fine Arts/Humanities, 3 Social Sciences, 1 Math, and 1 Natural Science course. This is the only pathway that allows you to take American History 1 and 2 through CCP.
- Pathway in Science: allows you to take a maximum of 2 English, 2 Fine Arts/Humanities, 2 Social Sciences, 2 Math, and 2 Natural Sciences courses.
- Pathway in Pre‐Health: (Pre‐Nursing path, Pre‐Radiography path, Pre‐Occupational Assistant path, Pre‐Physical Therapy Assistant path, Nurse Aide Certificate path).
- Pathway in CTE: examples of CTE classes include air conditioning, heating and refrigeration, cosmetology, construction management, welding, electrical systems technology etc.
- Pathway in Engineering: allows you to take a maximum of 2 English, 3 Humanities/Fine Arts/Communications, 1 Social/Behavioral Sciences, 2 Math, 1 Natural Sciences