Degrees and Certifications:
We're so glad that you stopped by! While you continue to practice being Respectful, Responsible, Ready and Safe citizens, we want to make sure that you have the tools you need to really understand:
EMPATHY- The ability to show and understand the feelings of others
GRATITUDE- A strong feeling of appreciation for somone or something; to be thankful
RESPONSIBLE DECISION MAKING- The ability to make good choices while considering the well-being of yourself and others
SELF-MANAGEMENT- Taking responsibility for your own actions and behavior
SELF-AWARENESS- Recognizing your own feelings, thoughts and actions
RELATIONSHIP SKILLS- The ability to create and keep healthy relationships with different people
Understanding these things will help you to be your best at school, at home and in your community.
We Miss You Dragons.... (Go ahead and click here!)
Remote Counseling Services for Plans B & C
CCS Student Services Team members are here to support students and staff through academic and social-emotional growth. We are a critical part of the CCS team. As we navigate through virtual learning, we wanted our CCS families to be aware that we may be able to provide some supports virtually. Please remember that we always adhere to our professional guidelines and ethics for practice (NC Department of Public Instruction, NASW, NASP, and ASCA), whether we provide these services face to face or virtually. We want our families to understand that we are bound to our confidentiality guidelines. Our interaction and conversations with students are confidential unless a student discloses harm to self, harm/threat to others, and harm and mistreatment to a vulnerable child or adult.
Counselors, Social Workers, and Psychologists may be in contact with students through Teams or other voice formats. Parents who are opposed to engaging in supportive counseling for their children may contact their principal to opt-out of such support
- Be sure you or your child has CCS email address and password in order to access Teams. Here are basic directions on how to join the Teams online class meeting.
- We ask that students be in a stable location (not driving, walking around, etc.).
- Students should be in a private location. We encourage students to use headphones for privacy if preferred.
- Students can be in view of the camera from the neck up only (wearing appropriate clothing, not lying in bed, engage in activities, etc.).
- Younger children may benefit from greater parental involvement to help understand the technology and content discussed.
- Parents and students in remote locations (not at home for example) should be prepared to offer their location if needed.