Food Donation Guidelines
The following Guidelines are for community organizations wanting to donate non-perishable foods to Cabarrus County schools:
- Interested organizations must contact the School Nutrition Program and provide a preferred school meal site.
- Organizations can set up at schools on Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to provide groceries for the weekend.
- Distribution point can be set up at the end of the car rider line after the SNP meals pick-up spot.
- Drive-Thru Only: Food must already be packed in order to be passed through a car window.
- Organizations are responsible for signage and staffing.
- Limitation of 10 or less organization volunteers in a single location per government guidelines.
- Leftover items must go back with the organization.
- SNP will maintain a master list of organizations distributing at schools but principals have the authority to grant or deny permission to any organization.
You may download these guidelines by accessing the document below.
Last Modified on March 26, 2020