Food Donation Guidelines
The following Guidelines are for community organizations wanting to donate non-perishable foods to Cabarrus County schools:
- Interested organizations must contact the School Nutrition Program and provide a preferred school meal site.
- Organizations can set up at schools on Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to provide groceries for the weekend.
- Distribution point can be set up at the end of the car rider line after the SNP meals pick-up spot.
- Drive-Thru Only: Food must already be packed in order to be passed through a car window.
- Organizations are responsible for signage and staffing.
- Limitation of 10 or less organization volunteers in a single location per government guidelines.
- Leftover items must go back with the organization.
- SNP will maintain a master list of organizations distributing at schools but principals have the authority to grant or deny permission to any organization.
You may download these guidelines by accessing the document below.