Phone: (704) 260-6600
Degrees and Certifications:
M.A. in Teaching from Lenoir-Rhyne University (2016) M.A. in Philosophy & Psychology, from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland (2007)
Ms. Helen Mathews
Welcome! This is my second year teaching at Cox Mill, and I could not be more proud to be a Charger. I am originally from the U.K.., and after graduating from university in Scotland in 2007 I succumbed to the travel bug and began teaching ESL abroad. While living and teaching in South Korea, I completed my Master's degree in Teaching and taught ELA and humanities at an international school before relocating back to the United States with my husband last year. When not at school, I can usually be found crafting, reading, or chasing after my two sweet but poorly-behaved dogs.
Please feel free to contact me with any question or concerns!
CURRICULUM NIGHT OCTOBER 15
Access the curriculum night video here.
PARENT FORMS TO COMPLETE
Parents: please complete the following forms by Friday, August 21.
1. Parent Contact form (choose the appropriate class)
2. Flipgrid permission form (all classes)
Assignments, calendar, files, etc. will all be available on Canvas.
- Check the 'files' tab on Canvas for information about online tools and platforms we will use, along with their respective join codes and access instructions.
Parents, you can monitor your child's classes by creating a Canvas account. To create a parent account:
1. Click on the above link to access Canvas.
2. Click on “Click Here For an Account” in the top right.
3. Complete the information in the box that appears. Your child’s username and password will be their student ID number.