Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to My ESL Classroom Web Page
Welcome! ยินดีต้อนรับ! Bienvenido! 欢迎! Bienvenue!
Welcome to the English As A Secondary Language Program (ESL).
My name is Roxana Iulia Dalaban, and I am the ESL teacher serving the ELL students at Harris Road Middle School and Northwest Cabarrus Middle School in Cabarrus County (2020-2021).
I am looking forward to a great school year!
Please keep checking my website for important updates and assignments related to the ESL program.
TO JOIN MY CLASS IN CANVAS CLICK THE LINK BELOW
and after you click on it in the upper right corner you will see a blue button saying ENROLL IN COURSE, and you need to click on it to enroll my class.
*PARENTS: DURING THE ONLINE LEARNING TIME due to the emergency situation we all are going through - please encourage the students to use the RAZ KIDS program we will be using in the class, just to keep up with learning for the ESL class.
All students will be instructed how to use the program, and they will receive the basic directions on how to log in and use the program. Please e-mail me if you are having trouble logging in, or any other issues related to RAZ KIDS.
ELL STUDENTS who see me for the ESL class every day:
use RAZ KIDS LEVELED BOOKS for 15 to 30 minutes daily for ESL during the period when we are online learning.
**The program allows you to LISTEN to both fiction and nonfiction books being READ ALOUD to you, and then you can RECORD yourselves READ TO SELF (and I can check the recording); you have to pass a COMPREHENSION QUIZ, and finally you can CREATE a PIECE of WRITING by answering questions based on the book.
*The writing part can be sent to me via e-mail (take a picture of it and attach it to my e-mail)/ *this is optional.
I can send messages in the Chat provided by the program, I check, send rewards and ...grade all your work …
DURING this emergency time, I can be reached via e-mail ONLY: email@example.com
As for my regular office hours:
if you need to contact me, you can call me at:
(704) - 260 - 6550 ext. 39182 at Northwest Cabarrus Middle from 1:15 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
* My ESL schedule at Harris Road Middle School is from 8:35 a.m. to 11:35 a.m. (1st period).
*My ESL schedule at NWCMS is from 1:15 - 4:00 P.M.
Bienvenidos al Programa de ESL.
Anticipo a un grande año escolar 2020-2021!
Siga revisando mi sitio para ver actualizaciones y tareas importantes relacionadas con el programa de ESL.
Durante este tiempo de emergencia, me pueden contactar por correo electrónico SOLAMENTE: email@example.com
Si necesita contactarme, puede llamarme al:
(704) - 260 - 6550 ext. 39182 en Northwest Cabarrus Middle de 1:15 a.m. a 4:00 p.m. o envíeme un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org
704-260 - 6550 ext. 39182
*Mi tiempo de officina a HRMS es de 8:35 a.m. - 11:35 a.m.
HAVE AN AMAZING SCHOOL YEAR !
Important note for parents and staff:
the ACCESS/WIDA testing period for the current school year is pending for the ESL program (test will be available only for Level 1, Level 2) and those served on a consultation basis in the ESL program (Level 3).
A letter / e-mail will be sent home to inform you about the English language proficiency testing.
* Parents, please remember to check your children's ESL Progress Reports on a quarterly basis if they are actively/daily served in the pull-out English As A Secondary Language service (ESL), Level 1, Level 2. In other words, if your child attends my ESL class every day of the week for one period, as their schedule should say, you should receive their ESL grades along with their homeroom grades.
As a rule, you can view the ESL Progress Report and Report Cards for each quarter via POWERSCHOOL.
Please see UPCOMING EVENTS APP for further details.
* WIDA ACCESS WINDOW Testing Dates 2020 - 2021
DAY 1: Listening and Reading
DAY 2: Writing
DAY 3: Speaking
***Make up days:
More information will come as we get closer to testing time. *AT THIS TIME ALL ACCESS WIDA 2.0 was completed at both schools.
* ACCESS WIDA 2.0 language proficiency test scores are usually released by the end of May.
* Due to the unprecedented situation in the district and county, the results might be delayed, but we will try to provide you with the test results as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.
Additional to the test results, you will also receive documents related tot the ESL placement for the ELL students for 2020 -2021.
Please keep the documents at home in a secure location, there will be no need to return anything back to school.
Thank you all for the support of our ESL Program, and I am sending best wishes to all ELL students and their families at these difficult times and always.
If you have any immediate questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com
English As a Secondary Language Teacher
Cabarrus County Schools