- 12/17/2020 Rising Senior Presentation
- 12/18/2020 Rising Junior Presentation
- 12/19/2020 Rising Sophomore Presentation
- January 6th - January 16th - Counselors will visit 2nd period classrooms to help students complete online registration
- January 6th – February 7th - PowerSchool registration will be open for students and parents to make changes to course requests
- February 7th - LAST DAY TO MAKE ANY CHANGES FOR JMRHS STUDENTS!
- February 11th- JMRHS representatives at HRHS Open House to answer questions
- February 14th- HRHS students register in PS (closes on 2/16)
- February 18th - All registration forms due to student services (FLEX, NCVPS, CCP, etc)
- May 4th- Students receive schedules
- May 4th-8th - Schedule change week for students (online form) only errors will be changed- no new course requests
Registration 2020 kicks off with School Choice events for Rising 9th Graders, followed by events for Rising 10th - 12th Graders and then more comprehensive events for Rising 9th Graders not opting for School Choice. Events will span October 2019 - March 2020 and beyond. Students and families will find helpful information, documents and links on this page. Check back often, as new resources will appear as they are introduced to students and families. New students to Cabarrus County Schools should carefully review the information in the section below before taking any action.Please be sure to attend all registration events so you will have the information you need to successfully register for your classes for 2020-21. Counselors will be available at scheduled registration events to answer your questions. Should you have questions outside of those events, please visit the Registration Help Table in the Commons during lunch times on most Tuesdays & Thursdays during the peak registration months (December - January) or email your School Counselor.
HOW DO I ENROLL?If you plan to move into our district and attend CMHS in 2019-20, you will need to complete the new student enrollment process. You may begin this process in June 2020. Students cannot be enrolled in two schools at once, so there is nothing that can be done until that point. Please visit our new enrollment webpage to learn more about how to get started with enrolling at CMHS.NOTE: Current Cabarrus County Schools eighth graders applying to the Academy of Engineering and Manufacturing do not need to complete the new student enrollment form previously referenced; your process will be different and is outline on the Program Choice webpage.MAY I ATTEND REGISTRATION EVENTS EVEN IF I AM NOT ENROLLED YET?Students who will be new to our school for 2019-20 are allowed to attend evening events, as these events are open to the public. Daytime events are not open to the public, however, and those not yet enrolled may not attend these unless granted prior approval. Please contact one of our School Counselors for information and instructions if you are requesting to attend a daytime event.
Students will receive their preliminary schedules in May. Students will have a week-long window to request a schedule change before school is dismissed for the summer.
In fairness to all students, the following parameters must be followed when submitting a schedule change request:
- Students must submit schedule change requests during the designated window by the indicated deadline.
- Requests must be submitted via the online form; emailed requests will not be considered.
- Schedule change requests will not be accepted or considered beyond the deadline -- no exceptions.
- Changes to ask for a different teacher will not be considered.
Schedule change requests must meet one or more of the following criteria: the student does not meet the prerequisite(s) for the course, there is a conflict with their schedule, and/or the student chooses to increase the rigor of their classes. Once the window closes, students will be emailed if the schedule change they requested was possible.
After this initial process, the only schedule changes considered must be approved by an administrator and meet one or more of the following criteria: the student does not meet the prerequisite(s) for the course and/or the student chooses to increase the rigor of their schedule. These requests will be granted through administrative approval as long as there is open space in the course requested.
Please note that schedule students receive in May is only preliminary schedule and could change during the summer. Final schedules are distributed in homeroom on the first day of school.
Some courses require the completion of an application. Some applications will appear as links in this section as they become available. In general, Rising 9th Graders are not eligible for these courses (email your counselor if you have questions about a specific course).Band Proficient or Advanced- see Mr. CarterChorus Proficient or Advanced- see Ms. PottsTheatre Proficient or Advanced- see Ms. BogerCross-enrollmentNursing FundamentalsLeadershipNC School of Science & Math (NCSSM)Office or Media AssistantWork-based LearningYearbook- see Mrs. PetersonJournalism- See Mrs. Poulos
- Flow Chart
- Course Options Descriptions
- Graduation Requirements: Math I, II, III, Advanced Math (AFM, Discrete Math, Pre-Cal)
- Flow Chart
- Course Options Video
- Graduation Requirements: Civics and Economics, World History, American History I, American History II
- Flow Chart
- Course Options Descriptions
- Graduation Requirements: Earth and Environmental Science, Biology, A Physical Science (Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics)