North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS)
2019-20 School Year Registrations
If you have requested to take an online course on your 2019-20 schedule (as an alternate), please complete an NCVPS application. Counselors will then send you the two page application and return it to your counselor during your one-on-one meeting in February.
Application Deadlines:Select NCVPS as an alternate: by January 21stSubmit online application in to your counselor: by March 1stNCVPS Signed Agreement Forms: by February 15thLate applications will not be accepted!
NCVPS is excited to announce that parents and guardians can now view their students progress in our Canvas courses. Observers have limited permissions that allow them to view what is happening in a course without interrupting the flow of daily course communication. To learn more about observing, open the following link for detailed instructions and screenshots, NCVPS Parent Canvas Access Instructions. You can also follow the website listed below for more information and where to sign up for Parent Canvas Access.
North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS) is a distance learning option available on campus in our YES Center or at home (seniors only). NCVPS has high expectations and students should plan to put forth the same effort they would in a seated class on our campus; 80 minutes a day! Students should see the NCVPS website or their counselor to get more information. Courses through Edunuity and Odysseyware are also avaiible to take online and may be a better option for many students.Qualifications to take an online NCVPS course
- 2.8 GPA
- Excellent computer/technology skills
- High level of independence
- NCVPS courses may be an option for students needing a course NOT currently offered at JMRHS. See course options: NCVPS courses
- Edunuity and Odysseyware courses may be a better choice for many students that do not meet NCVPS criteria but would still like an online course option.
If you have questions, please contact your counselor.
- NCVPS Homepage: http://www.ncvps.org
- NCVPS Parent Canvas Access: https://ncvps.org/archives/7111
- How to Get an "A" in Online Classes: http://learningonlineinfo.org/how-to-get-a-online-class/
- Inside the NCVPS Experience (video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V686zJQ1uFc