- We are glad you are considering enrolling at Hickory Ridge High School!
- Begin by reading this page & downloading the Enrollment Checklist form.
- Expedite your enrollment appointment by making sure you have all Enrollment Checklist documents.
Three Steps to Enrollment
- COMPLETE - Download and complete the Enrollment Checklist form.
- ENROLLMENT - after completing the Enrollment Checklist, you will need to contact Lisa Ryan, Registrar, to schedule an appointment to verify enrollment eligibility and take care of any necessary paperwork.
- REGISTRATION - once enrollment eligibility has been verified and required documentation received, you will be scheduled for an appointment with a school counselor to create a schedule.
Documentation Check List
1. PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION (one source)
- NC Driver License or ID
- Matricula Consular
- Work Authorization Card
- Government Issued Driver License/ID
- Visitor's Visa
- Border Crossing Card
2. PROOF OF DOMICILE: (two sources)
- New Construction (building a new house): Review Items A and B
- Existing Residence (living/moving): Reference Item C
A. Do you currently live outside Cabarrus County Schools' district?
- Proof of domicile of your current address is required
- A copy of your lease/house contract (no contingency clause) and closing statement with signatures included is required.
- A letter of intent from your contractor or bank which includes the closing date is required.
- A signed release from the school district in which you currently reside is required.
B. Do you currently reside within Cabarrus County Schools' district?
- Proof of domicile of your current address is required.
- A copy of the lease/house contract (no contingency clause) and closing statement with signatures included is required.
- A letter of intent from contractor or bank to include closing date is required.
C. Proof of Domicile Source Options (two sources, one from each list below):
- One of these in your name...
- House Deed
- Current Lease Agreement
- Closing or Settlement Statement
- Current Property Tax Statement
- Certificate of Domicile*
- and one of these in your name...
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Non-Expired NDDL/NCID
- Recent Pay Stub
- Current Medical Card
- Utility Bill (water, cable, satellite, gas, electricity or proof of new services)
3. CHILD'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- May be a copy
- Must have parents' names on it
4. PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP
- Only required if student is residing with someone other than a parent listed on the birth certificate.
- Guardianship must be established through the courts and signed by a judge (unless the family meets criteria found in G.S. 115C-366).
- We are not able to accept notarized statements or Power of Attorney documents.
5. IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
- Official copy from your physician.
- We are not able to accept the immunication records found on a transcript or other school record.
6. SCHOOL RECORDS (Withdrawal Form, Report Card, Official Transcript)
- Must show promotion to grade level in which you are intending to enroll.
- Must show all credits earned at previous schools.
- Must show 8th Grade Report Card if new rising 9th Grader.
For more information about the enrollment process please contact Lisa Ryan, HRHS Registrar, at 704-260-6639 or email@example.com