This course introduces students to advanced architectural design concepts, and Building Information Modeling (BIM). Emphasis is placed on the use of 3D CAD tools in the design and execution of site and foundation plans, electrical/lighting plans, stair/railing design, bath and kitchen details, multi-level floor systems, site development, renderings and walkthroughs, as well as small commercial building and design. English language arts, mathematics, and science are reinforced. Work-based learning strategies appropriate for this course include apprenticeship, cooperative education, internship, and job shadowing. SkillsUSA competitive events, community service, and leadership activities provide the opportunity to apply essential standards and workplace readiness skills through authentic experiences. Geometry is recommended as preparation for this course.
Listed below are the objectives that wil be covered this year. This course is a state-tested course. There are no exemptions for the state tests.
- Understand Foundation Design, Calculations and Construction.
- Apply Procedures to Create Basic Electrical Design Concepts.
- Apply Procedures to Create Stair/Railing Designs for Construction.
- Apply Procedures to Create Advanced Kitchen and Bath Details.
- Apply Procedures to Create Multi-level Residential Floor Plans.
- Apply procedures to create a Site Development Plan.
- Apply Procedures and Construction Techniques to Create a Small Commercial Building Design.
- Apply Procedures to Create Rendering and Walkthroughs.
Make it Worth your While!
This class is 90 minutes each day, 5 days a week, for 90 days.
Make it count for you!
Find something you like about this course and do your best
Work hard! Be Proactive! Study! Participate! Communicate! Take Responsibility!