This course focuses on the principles and concepts of architectural design, and the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM), used in the field of architecture. An emphasis is placed on the use of 3D CAD tools in the design and execution of floor plans, foundation plans, wall sections, and elevation drawings. An understanding of 3D CAD concepts and terms, and the use of 3D CAD software such as REVIT, are essential to this course, and the required method of producing finished drawings. English language arts, mathematics, and science are reinforced. Work-based learning strategies appropriate for this course include apprenticeship, cooperative education, internship, and job shadowing. SkillsUSA competitive events, community service, and leadership activities provide the opportunity to apply essential standards and workplace readiness skills through authentic experiences.
Listed below are the objectives that wil be covered this year. This course is a state-tested course. There are no exemptions for the state tests.
- Understand Architectural Styles and Industry Terms.
- Apply procedures to create Floor Plans.
- Apply procedures to create Foundation plans and Levels of a Building.
- Apply procedures to create Simple Roof and Floor System Designs
- Apply procedures for drawing View types.
- Apply procedures to Complete a Residential Construction Documents (CD) Set.
Make it Worth your While!
This class is 90 minutes each day, 5 days a week, for 90 days.
Make it count for you!
Find something you like about this course and do your best
Work hard! Be Proactive! Study! Participate! Communicate! Take Responsibility!