Welcome to the new JMRHS Senior Information webpage!
We are currently working to update our website with important information.
- September 9th- Senior Information Meeting @ 6:00 (link to recording above)
- September 10th- Deadline for students to request PC19 if they want it included in re-ranking (updating of transcripts to include summer grades and those that elected PC19)
- September 15th- Seniors re-ranked and transcripts ready to send to colleges
- September 17th- Catawba College JMRHS Virtual Visit at 2:00 with Victoria Layton (Admissions Counselor)
- September 22nd- AppState JMRHS Virtual Visit at 2:00 with Elena Taylor (Admissions Counselor)
- September 22nd- University of South Carolina JMRHS Virtual Visit at 3:00 with Megan Gallagher (Admissions Representative)
- Meeting Link Coming Soon
- October 13th- University of Alabama JMRHS Virtual Visit at 2:00 with Taylor Florio (Regional Recruiter)
- Zoom Link Coming Soon
- October 13th- UNC Charlotte College of Education Virtual Visit at 1:30 with Shanique Lee
- October 15th- UNC Wilmington JMRHS Virtual Visit at 2:00 with Latisha Rivera (Admissions Counselor)
- October 15th- Early Decision Application deadline for many colleges
- November 1st- Early Decision Application deadline for many colleges
- January 26th-28th- Senior Pictures
- June 5th- GRADUATION!
Monthly Senior Notes
- September 14- October 9th Students should participate live so they can ask questions and interact with the college admission counselors. If students are unable to attend live, we still encourage them to register for the sessions they are interested in and recordings will be available here later.
- Make sure you view the different tabs for the Session Schedule (Sessions, Colleges, States, Countries)
- Students and parents will have an opportunity to hear and engage with HBCUs and ask questions "LIVE" as well as attend workshops that both the students and the parent will enjoy!!
- There will also be workshops specifically for seniors and HBCUs accepting on the spot!
- HBCU Night Presents the Digital World Virtual College Fair next week from Sept 7-10. This is great opportunity to learn more about what our Historical Black Colleges and Universities bring to higher education along with information to help you make an informed decision about your future! Follow the link below to get signed up today...
- Senior Scholarship Form: You will enter information in this google doc for awards/scholarships you have recieved so that you can be recognized during Awards Day
Fall 2021 NC College Admissions Deadlines and Open House Information: Coming Soon!
- Scholarship Interest Form: You will enter information in this googe doc for merit scholarships you are interested in being nominated for by the scholarship committee.
Graduation Information: Coming Soon!
Awards Day Information: Coming Soon!
Senior Conference Information
Don't forget to visit the Senior Information website often. Important information will be given each month in the monthly Senior Notes page. You can also find information on how to obtain and send transcripts.
- Early Action means that you are applying by an earlier deadline. We suggest you do this if possible. For the most part, the percentage of students that get accepted is greater in those that apply by the early action deadline and more scholarship money is awarded to these students since money tends to run out if you wait until the final deadline to apply.
- Early Decision is an agreement between you and the college. By selecting to apply Early Decision, you are stating that if the college accepts you, you are committing to enroll in this college. For this reason, you are only allowed to select Early Decision for one college.
- Simplified instructions for completing the FAFSA
- Important information about Residency Determination
- A list of the most frequently asked questions we receive from seniors and parents.
- This is a list of what you should be doing each month
- Be sure to give teachers 2 weeks to write a recommendation letter.
- Show why you are unique and proofread everything! "I tutored children during the summer." is very different than "I tortured children during the summer."
- A list of NC colleges and admission requirements, deadlines, and open houses.
- This is a list of all colleges that use Common App
- Appalachian State, NC A&T, NCSU, UNC Ashville, UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Charlotte, UNC Greensboro, UNC Wilmington
- Profiles of NC Schools
- It is often very beneficial to apply early, however, it is not for everyone. This article explains the benefits of applying early.
- This link provides a conversion chart for SAT/ACT.
- Use this link to register for the ACT, find your ACT scores, and find popular student and parent resources.
- Use this link to register for the SAT and send scores to colleges.
- A list of colleges that require SAT subject tests
- Financial Aid and scholarships can be hard to navigate. This article provides important tips to make sure you don't get hooked into a scam.
- Students applying for college must fill out the FAFSA and RDS. This can be a long process. This chart helps you to have everything in place before you start to fill out these forms.
- This link provides information about FAFSA Day. NCSECU provides assistance with FAFSA completion at no charge.
- This article explains how to get an FSA ID. You will need this to fill out the FAFSA.
- This document outlines the minimum requirements to enroll in a NC college.
- Students who are interested in playing a sport in college must register through NCAA. Please visit the link above to create and account and register. Be sure to look at NCAA Checklist and Frequently Asked Questions document. Note new academic requirements for D1 and D2 schools.
- A list of things you need to complete if planning to attend a 4-year college
- Information on how to apply to a 2 year or community college
- Resources if you are interested in joining the military