- Do you use this feature?
- 2/28/2020 - Transcript
- 2/27/2020 - Transcript
- 2/26/2020 - Transcript
- 2/25/2020 - Transcript
- 2/24/2020 - Transcript
- 2/21/2020 - Transcript
- 2/20/2020 - Transcript
- 2/19/2020 - Transcript
- 2/18/2020 - Transcript
- 2/14/2020 - Transcript
- 2/13/2020 - Transcript
- 2/12/2020 - Transcript
- 2/11/2020 - Transcript
- 2/7/2020 - Transcript
- 2/6/2020 - Transcript
- 2/5/2020 - Transcript
- 2/4/2020 - Transcript
- 2/3/2020 - Transcript
- 1/31/2020 - Transcript
- 1/30/2020 - Transcript
- 1/29/2020 - Transcript
- 1/16/2020 - Transcript
- 1/15/2020 - Transcript
- 1/14/2020 - Transcript
- 1/13/2020 - Transcript
- 1/10/2020 - Transcript
- 1/9/2020 - Transcript
How do we get something on the broadcast?
Step 1: Submit your announcements to http://bit.ly/VikingNews
- What can go in the broadcast? Club meeting times, sporting event details, congratulations, field trip photos, service projects, review sessions, contests, and more!
- Send us your news a minimum of 2 days in advance. We film in 2nd block today, edit tomorrow, publish the day after that. An announcement sent on Monday will not make the broadcast until Wednesday. Try to get it to us as early as you can—but not so early that it gets lost in the shuffle (more than a week out is too far).
- If you have questions about the content or need to make changes to the existing announcement, please contact our student staff via email: email@example.com
Step 2: In the Google Form listed above, you will be asked to submit all of the following information:
- Submit the contact information of the person submitting the announcement. This should always be an adult—the coach, club advisor, or faculty member. Announcements should not be submitted by students.
- Include the start date and end date you’d like your announcement to run. Remember the announcements are filmed 2 days in advance and are frequently trimmed to get us into the 5-minute time limit.
- Submit the exact wording you would like to be used in the announcement. You know your content better than we do and we don’t want to miscommunicate your information by rewriting it incorrectly. Examples:
- Super bad = Can you announce the musical?
- Also, bad = Musical, April 11-13, theatre.
- Good = The musical “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”” will be performed on April 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at 7 pm in the theatre. Tickets are $7/$10.
- Best = Come join the Drama Department for the exciting Spring Musical: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. It will be performed at 7 pm on April 2nd-4th. Tickets are only $7.00 for students, $10.00 for adults. Audience participation, comedy, and fun--you don’t want to miss it!
- Submit any photos, flyers, videos, or slides that support your announcement.
- Slides should be saved as an IMAGE file (not PowerPoint or Google Slides) and are much easier to use in landscape position.
- All music must be royalty free—or YouTube will flag our entire broadcast.
- The file size is limited. If you have a longer video—feel free to send the link along. We are happy to play a portion of it on the announcements and post the full-length video on the announcements page.
Step 3: Please be forgiving if there are errors. We are happy to post corrections! Know that we are doing our best. Go Vikings!