Scholarship InformationScholarship OverviewScholarships are one way that students can pay for college. There are many different types of scholarships with varied criteria. Unlike student loans, scholarship money does not typically have to be paid back. Researching and applying for scholarships can feel like a part-time job. When researching scholarships, students should utilize many sources for scholarship information.COMMON SCHOLARSHIP TYPES:
SOURCES FOR SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION:
- Merit (academic achievement, GPA, class rank, test scores etc.)
- Need (family financial situation)
- Talent (athletic ability, artistic talent, etc.)
- Affiliation (member of ABC Church, Child of Rotary Club etc.)
- Condition (diabetic, left handed, cancer survivor, child of veteran)
- Colleges - Visit the scholarship webpages of the colleges to which you plan to apply.
- High School - Learn about the scholarships that are provided by or thru your school.
- Employers - Check with your employer and the employer(s) of your parents/guardians.
- Community Resources - Explore scholarships that may be offered in your community (Ex. Church, Scouts, etc.).
- General Searches - Use your favorite search engine to explore scholarships specific to you (Ex. Left-handed Scholarships).
- Search Engines - Set up a "junk email" and use it to register with Scholarship Search Engines.
****Click here to learn more about scholarship scams****
Click on the link to see a list of local scholarships that were offered in the past.
North Carolina Community Foundation
Scholarships for minorities: Download File
Click here to see the CFNC Grants & Scholarships page
Click here to learn more about scholarship scams
Click here for financial aid information from the U.S. Department of Education
Scholarships will be posted under this section as they are received in the counseling department. Click on each link for additional information.
Prudential Spirit of Community Award
The Extension Master Gardner Volunteer Association of Cabarrus County
The Douglas Scholarship for Military Children2018
African American Network-Carolinas Scholarship Fund
Institute for Future Agricultural Leaders (Rising Seniors Only)
Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship
National Coalition of Black Women Scholarship
Wells Fargo Academic Leaders Fellowship Program