As of this time, no decisions have been made about postponing or rescheduling AP Testing due to class time missed for the COVID-19 closures. As soon as a decision is made, information will go out to students. Please check back to the AP Testing Page for updated information.
Advanced Placement Testing
Advanced Placement (AP) courses are college level classes offered to high school students for the opportunity to receive college credit.
Each AP Exam costs $94.00. The State of North Carolina and NC DPI budgets to cover this initial fee.If you cannot make the regularly scheduled test date due to an AP approved absence, you will be responsible for the late testing fee.
AP Exam Schedule
- Ms. Corl can help determine if your absence from a regularly scheduled exam meets late testing criteria.
- Late Testing Fees are due to Ms. Corl by March 30th so a late test can be ordered for the student.
- All checks must be made payable to Cox Mill High School with the students full name in the memo.
Monday, May 4
Tuesday, May 5
Wednesday, May 6
Thursday, May 7
Friday, May 8
English Literature and Composition
Computer Science A
Monday, May 11
Tuesday, May 12
Wednesday, May 13
Thursday, May 14
Friday, May 15
Spanish Language and Culture
English Language and Composition
World History Modern
Computer Science Principles
Statistics*Students must check in at 7:15 AM with their Photo ID.**Students must check in at 11:30 AM with their Photo ID.AP Exam Late Testing ScheduleLate Testing Fee MUST be received by March 30†Ms. Corl can help determine if your absence from a regularly scheduled exam meets late testing criteria
Wednesday, May 22
Thursday, May 23
Friday, May 24
English Language, European History, Statistics, & Psychology
Biology, Computer Science Principles, Environmental Science, Physics 1, & US History, World History
English Literature, Calculus AB & BC, Human Geography, & US Government
Computer Science A
Spanish Lanuage and CultureTesting Rooms To Be Determined†Students requiring Late Exams after Mach 30th will need to provide additional documentation showing need.*Students must check in at 7:30 AM with their Photo ID.**Students must check in at 11:30AM with their Photo ID.Before the Exam:
Exam Day Do's
- Read the AP Bulletin. You can also obtain a copy from your AP teacher or Ms. Corl in the S3 Hallway.
- Know When & Where your exam will be.
- Review the Calculator Policy if your exam requires/ allows a calculator. CMHS will NOT provide calculators.
Exam Day Don'ts
- Arrive at the check in time noted above.
- Bring your photo ID. School ID's can be obtained in the Media Center by May 1st.
- Bring your allowed calculator to your exam. CMHS will NOT provide calculators.
- Dress in layers. Some rooms can be cool.
- Eat a good breakfast/ lunch prior to your exam.
- Do NOT bring your cell phone, smart watch, or any electronic devices (except an approved calculator.) Accessing these items during the exam will have you dismissed from the test.
- Do NOT forget your photo ID. You cannot be admitted to take the exam if you do not have a photo ID.
- Do NOT arrive late to the exam. Students arriving to the exam late will not be admitted.
- Do NOT forget your calculator. CMHS will NOT provide calculators for these exams.