What is a good test score?
It depends! What are your goals? Testing is just one component of the overall picture that colleges and employers are considering. Visit the specific programs that you are interested and find out their requirements for testing.
Keep practicing. There are many test preparation websites and courses that you can take to be better prepared for formal assessments.
Cox Mill administers the PSAT in the fall of each year. This test is administered to Juniors enrolled in our school via sign up. They take this exam as their qualifying entry for the National Merit Scholarship.
Ninth and Tenth grade students are urged to take this exam as both practice for the SAT and as practice before taking it their Junior year for the scholarship opportunity.
The PSAT was administered October 16, 2019
Where: Math & English Hallways and Mobile Plex Unit
When: At the start of 1st block until the beginning of 3rd block (Based on Intervention Schedule)
What do I need to bring?
- Number 2 pencils (No mechanical pencils)
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Bring a graphing calculator
- Please leave electronics in your car or leave them at home
- Photo ID
Who will be taking the exam?
Many 11th graders however some 10th graders can take the exam as well. It is a voluntary exam and students MUST pre-register by Sept. 13, 2019.
What do I do if I am absent?
There is no make-up date for this exam.
Pre-administration of the PSAT was held in the Cafeteria during periods 1, 2, and 4 on Tuesday, October 8th. During this time we will bubble in important demographic information on your answer sheet.
- 1st period will be students who have already registered for the exam whose last name starts with letters A-G.
- 2nd period will be students who have already registered for the exam whose last name starts with letters H-N.
- 4th Period will be students who have already registered for the exam whose last name starts with letters O-Z.
- Contact Mrs. Rowlands before October 8th if you are unable to make your scheduled preadmin session.