Guidelines for keeping a sick child at home:
- Fever: temperature of 100.4 or higher
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
- with fever
- uncontrollable itching
- Eye drainage-thick mucus or pus from the eye
- Has symptoms that keep your child from participating in school, such as
- very tired, unable to focus in class
- persistent cough
- severe headache, body aches, and/or earache
- sore throat with swollen glands
24 Hour Rule
- Your child should be fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Your child should have no vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school.
- If your child is given an antibiotic for a contagious infection, please keep them at home for at least 24 hours after the first dose.