WM Irvin Elementary School
IB World School
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
W.M. Irvin is now an authorized IB World School offering the Primary Years Programme. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.
Mission Statement of the IB:
- The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
Mission and Vision Statement of W.M. Irvin:
- Mission Statement- Irvin develops inquiring leaders who are knowledgeable and caring, who are respectful of diversity and who become responsible, global citizens as lifelong learners.
- Vision Statement- We work with our families and community to prepare all students to be creative thinkers and leaders.
As an IB World school:
- all staff receive IB authorized training
- our content is connected through a Programme of Inquiry which includes six units of inquiry for every grade level, developed by our teachers following the IB PYP framework
- an additional language class is offered to all students (Spanish)
- we will encourage our students development by emphasizing the IB learner profile