What is Spanish Dual Language Immersion?
In Spanish Dual Language Immersion classrooms, students receive instruction and learn content through both their native language and target language.
What Does a Typical Day Look Like in Spanish Dual Language Immersion Classrooms?
The 50/50 Spanish Dual Language Immersion program groups native speakers of English with native speakers of Spanish. The mix is approximately 50 percent of each group and both become bilingual, biliterate and bicultural. Instruction is provided both in English and in Spanish on alternate days (A Day/B Day rotation). Students have the benefit of receiving instruction from two highly qualified teachers. For example, students receive instruction from their English speaking teacher on A Day and then receive instruction from their Spanish speaking teacher on B Day.
What are Some of the Benefits of a Spanish Dual Language Program?
- Students develop stronger thinking skills
- Students have a better understanding of math concepts and problems
- Students show an increase in reading comprehension
- Students increase focusing skills
- Students outperform their peers on various assessments
- Students have greater career opportunities
To find out more about North Carolina Dual Language Immersion Programs, visit DPI's DLI Website.
Where is Spanish Immersion in Cabarrus County Schools?
Our Spanish Immersion Schools
- No transportation is provided for dual language immersion unless a student attends within their home school zone.