What is an Early College?
Early colleges are a blend of public high schools and community colleges. As part of NC’s College and Career Promise, Early Colleges are high schools located on community college campuses. By the time an early college student graduates high school, they will have had the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science degree.
Cabarrus County is home to two early colleges: the Early College and Cabarrus Tech Early College and we are excited to announce the launch of a third Early College model for 2022-2023. The NEW Early College of Health Sciences program is planned to open in the fall of 2022 for ninth grade students.
*Early College students are not elligible for participation in athletics.
**Students are eligible to apply and interview for all three Early College models. One application doesn not impact your application for the other.
Interested in our new Early College of Health Sciences? Check out this website for more information!
- Transportation is provided for Early College students.
- Application and interview for rising 9th grade students. Essay questions are required as part of the application process.
- Teacher recommendations are required for the Early College High School as a part of the application process. You can find a copy of the teacher recommendation form here.
- Teacher recommendations are required for the Early College of Health Sciences program as a part of the application process. You can find a copy of the teacher recommendation here.
- Teacher recommendations are NOT required for the Early College of Technology High School application for 2022-23.