McKinney-Vento Notification for Enrollment, School Counselor, Social Worker, Student Services
IF you or your child live in any of the following situations:
· Staying in a shelter (family, domestic violence, youth shelter, FEMA trailer)
· Staying in a hotel or motel
· Waiting for foster care placement for the student
· Sharing the housing of others due to eviction, foreclosure or other economic hardships
· Living in a car
· Living in a park or campground
· Living in inadequate accommodations (abandoned buildings)
· The student is living alone without an adult
· The student is with another family due to family conflict or abandonment
Then you may qualify for certain rights and protections under the McKinney-Vento Act.
The McKinney-Vento Act is designed to help ensure that students remain at, get to and succeed in their schools of origin.If you believe you may be eligible, please ask your school's office staff how to contact your school's social worker or school counselor and let them know you are interested in completing a McKinney-Vento application. If you are unable to contact any of the above staff please contact John Basilice, McKinney-Vento Local Liasion at 704.262.6186 or e-mail email@example.com .