Audacity Training Documents
Audacity Help Videos
Exporting an Audacity File (Saving)
When you are finished making your audio file you have to EXPORT it. The default export file type is a WAV file. Most computers can open a WAV file with Quicktime or Windows Media Player.To export it as an MP3, you can follow these instructions:
Alternative MP3 encoding with iTunes
Export as WAV or AIFF from Audacity, drag the file into iTunes, and convert it to MP3 in ITunes 8 as follows:
- Click iTunes > Preferences
- Click on the leftmost "General" tab
- Click the Import Settings button half way down on the right
- In the "Import Using" dropdown, choose "MP3 Encoder"
- Click OK and OK
- Control-click over the file you want to convert > "Create MP3 version"
If you have iTunes 7, the setting to change is on the small "Importing" tab inside the "Advanced" tab.
Last Modified on November 3, 2015