What are you going to do today to help you become less stressed?
- Find something to make you laugh
- Be a "kid" for a couple of minutes!
- Listen to music
- Play a musical instrument
Get Plenty of Rest & Eat Well
- Stress produces chemicals in your body that make you feel edgy and tense. Your heart beats faster, your muscles get tight, you breathe harder, and your blood pressure goes up. Exercise moves those chemicals out of your body. It reduces muscle tension and takes your mind off of problems.
- Exercise helps you sleep better and makes you feel more rested.
Discuss Your Problems
- Eat breakfast. It starts your metabolism and gives you more energy for the day!
- Do not skip meals.
- Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Make sure to eat foods with a good balance of iron and calcium.
- Do not eat too much junk food.
- Drink plenty of water each day. (You feel tired when you are dehydrated.)
- If you feel like your stress is too much, ask for help. Talk to parents, teachers, or a CMHS school counselor in the S3 Office.