Scholarships can be an important part of paying for college. Earning scholarships requires planning, preparation, research and diligent effort toward completing applications. Many students and families are not sure how or where to begin the scholarship research and application process. The information on this webpage can be a helpful start, but be sure to utilize other resources as well. Don't limit yourself by using only a single source for scholarship information. We recommend that you begin by watching the "Tips from Counselors" video on this page.
CMHS School-Nominated Scholarships
CMHS School-Nominated Scholarship Application
Some competitive scholarships require a school nomination. Students interested in being considered as a school nominee for one or more of the following scholarships should complete the CMHS School-Nominated Scholarship Application. The deadline for the CMHS School-Nominated Scholarship Application is a rolling deadline, but students who wish to be considered for ALL should submit prior to September 21, 2022. Students are responsible for researching individual scholarship criteria for each scholarship listed. Most require a separate application to be completed if selected for the school nomination. Students will be notified if selected as a school-nominee.
- UNC-Chapel Hill - Morehead-Cain Scholarship Deadline: Sept 21. Students should submit an application as a "self-nominee" on the Morehead-Cain scholarship site and will be instructed to change their status to "school-nominee" if chosen as a school nominee. Deadline for the separate application on the MC site: October 1.
- NC State - Park Scholarship Students should start an application as a "self-nominee" or self-endorse on the NC State Park scholarship.
- Davidson College - Belk Scholarship
- Davidson College - Bryan Athletic Scholarship
- UNC Charlotte - Levine Scholar
- NC Central - Cheatham White Scholarship School nominee and Self-nominee option
- NC A&T - Cheatham White Scholarship School nominee and Self-nominee option
- Cabarrus County Agricultural Fair Scholarship - Spring; check back soon
- SECU - People Helping People - Scholarship for SECU members; Spring deadline
Students will need to upload the following when completing the application:
- Current Photo
- Resume (1 page)
- Personal Essay (1-2 page personal statement...your story, beliefs, goals, etc.)
- Financial Need Statement (optional)
- Teacher contact for Teacher Recommendation (Send link to form below to teacher/recommender)
Teacher Recommendation (Google form) OR Teacher Recommendation (pdf)
SECU - People Helping People Scholarship 2022
The SECU - People Helping People Scholarship is available.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SECU page and application
CFNC Financial Planning
CMHS Local Scholarship Search - NAVIANCE
Scholarships may become available through local organizations within Cabarrus county, our school, and state. These scholarships are available for students to research and view through the NAVIANCE program. Students access Naviance through their CLEVER account.
In NAVIANCE, students will select Colleges, then Scholarships & Money to begin searching.
Scholarship Search Links
NC Promise Program
NC Independent Colleges
Scholarships for Underclassmen
CMHS Scholarship Nomination Form for Juniors
Distinguished Young Women of Cabarrus County
University of Rochester High School Awards Program
University of Vermont Citizen Scholar Award