The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction has restricted any enrollment, transfers, and withdrawals at this time. Therefore, in the interest in promoting the safety and well-being of our community we will not conduct enrollment meetings while school is closed. Students who have relocated whose most recent school has not been in session are encouraged to stay connected to their current school’s resources and remote learning opportunities. Upon the re-opening of school, enrollments will be scheduled based on order received. Thank you for your patience.
Enrollment Overview & Tips
- We are glad you are considering enrolling at Cox Mill High School!
- Begin by reading this page & completing the New Enrollment Request Form below.
- Soon after receiving your request, we will schedule an enrollment appointment.
- Expedite your enrollment appointment by making sure you have all Enrollment Checklist documents.
Three Steps to Enrollment
- REQUEST - fill out the New Enrollment Request Form below.
- REVIEW - look over documentation checklist below to make sure you have all required materials before enrollment appointment.
- ENROLLMENT - after completing the request form, you will be scheduled for an appointment with the Registrar to verify enrollment eligibility and take care of any necessary paperwork.
- REGISTRATION - once enrollment eligibility has been verified and required documentation received, you will be scheduled for an appointment with a school counselor to create a schedule.
New Enrollment Request Form
To request a new enrollment appointment, please compete the form below. If you have questions, email our Registrar, Jennifer Rowlands, email@example.com.NOTE: Enrollment appointments for the 2020-2021 school year will start at the beginning of July 2020.
Documentation Check List
1. PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION (one source)
- NC Driver License or ID
- Matricula Consular
- Work Authorization Card
- Government Issued Driver License/ID
- Visitor's Visa
- Border Crossing Card
2. PROOF OF DOMICILE: (two sources)
- New Construction (building a new house): Review Items A and B
- Existing Residence (living/moving): Reference Item C
A. Do you currently live outside Cabarrus County Schools' district?
- Proof of domicile of your current address is required
- A copy of your lease/house contract (no contingency clause) and closing statement with signatures included is required.
- A letter of intent from your contractor or bank which includes the closing date is required.
- A signed release from the school district in which you currently reside is required.
B. Do you currently reside within Cabarrus County Schools' district?
- Proof of domicile of your current address is required.
- A copy of the lease/house contract (no contingency clause) and closing statement with signatures included is required.
- A letter of intent from contractor or bank to include closing date is required.
C. Proof of Domicile Source Options (two sources, one from each list below):
- One of these...
- House Deed
- Current Lease Agreement
- Closing or Settlement Statement
- Current Property Tax Statement
- Certificate of Domicile*
- and one of these...
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Non-Expired NDDL/NCID
- Recent Pay Stub
- Current Medical Card
- Utility Bill (water, cable, satellite, gas or electricity)
3. CHILD'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- May be a copy
- Must have parents' names on it
4. PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP
- Only required if student is residing with someone other than a parent listed on the birth certificate.
- Guardianship must be established through the courts and signed by a judge (unless the family meets criteria found in G.S. 115C-366).
- We are not able to accept notarized statements or Power of Attorney documents.
5. IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
- Official copy from your physician.
- We are not able to accept the immunication records found on a transcript or other school record.
6. SCHOOL RECORDS (Withdrawal Form, Report Card, Official Transcript)
- Must show promotion to grade level in which you are intending to enroll.
- Must show all credits earned at previous schools.
- Must show 8th Grade Report Card if new rising 9th Grader.