Online Enrollment Process for New Enrollments
Cabarrus County Schools uses an on-line enrollment system (Scribbles) for new students in grades K-12. This enrollment platform allows parents to complete the process from their laptop, cell phone or desktop computer. There is no need to come to any of our buildings to complete the bulk of their student's enrollment.
- Parents will be required to set up an account in Scribbles (see Scribbles Account Setup "how to" video on this page).
- Parents will be required to provide two approved sources of address verification information (along with other records/documents).
- Information about the required documents are listed at the bottom of this webpage.
- Here is a link to the online enrollment application system: https://ccsprogramchoice.scriborder.com/family.
Documentation Check List
1. PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION (one source)
- NC Driver License or ID
- Matricula Consular
- Work Authorization Card
- Government Issued Driver License/ID
- Visitor's Visa
- Border Crossing Card
2. PROOF OF DOMICILE: (two sources)
- New Construction (building a new house): Review Items A and B
- Existing Residence (living/moving): Reference Item C
A. Do you currently live outside Cabarrus County Schools' district?
- Proof of domicile of your current address is required
- A copy of your lease/house contract (no contingency clause) and closing statement with signatures included is required.
- A letter of intent from your contractor or bank which includes the closing date is required.
- A signed release from the school district in which you currently reside is required.
B. Do you currently reside within Cabarrus County Schools' district?
- Proof of domicile of your current address is required.
- A copy of the lease/house contract (no contingency clause) and closing statement with signatures included is required.
- A letter of intent from contractor or bank to include closing date is required.
C. Proof of Domicile Source Options (two sources, one from each list below):
- One of these...
- House Deed
- Current Lease Agreement
- Closing or Settlement Statement
- Current Property Tax Statement
- Certificate of Domicile*
- AND a recently issued one of these...
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Non-Expired NDDL/NCID
- Recent Pay Stub
- Current Medical Card
- Utility Bill (water, cable, satellite, gas or electricity)
3. CHILD'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- May be a copy
- Must have parents' names on it
4. PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP
- Only required if student is residing with someone other than a parent listed on the birth certificate.
- Guardianship must be established through the courts and signed by a judge (unless the family meets criteria found in G.S. 115C-366).
- We are not able to accept notarized statements or Power of Attorney documents.
5. IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
- Official copy from your physician.
- We are not able to accept the immunication records found on a transcript or other school record.
6. SCHOOL RECORDS (Withdrawal Form, Report Card, Official Transcript)
- Must show promotion to grade level in which you are intending to enroll.
- Must show all credits earned at previous schools.
- Must show 8th Grade Report Card if new rising 9th Grader.
Submit enrollment questions or concerns not addressed here to the Registrar, Jennifer Rowlands.