Grading, GPA & Rank
Facts About Your GPA:
- GPA is cumulative & reflects all classes taken in high school (even failed classes).
- GPA is the average of the quality points you have earned for each final course grade.
- Honors, AP and some CCP courses earn extra quality points (weighted quality points).
- GPA can play an important role in opportunities in hich school & for college admission & scholarships.
- 9th and 10th grades are the best time to impact your GPA, as there are fewer grades being averaged into your GPA so a single high grade can make a bigger impact.
- It can be difficult to positively impact your GPA in 11th & 12th grades because more numbers are being averaged together, so a single high number has less of an impact.