Reasons to Volunteer
How to Get Involved
- Gain valuable life experiences and skills
- Meet interesting people
- Get hands-on learning through service
- Show colleges you're committed
- Make a difference
- Call programs based in the community and ask if they need help.
- Visit your town's website. It may list volunteer opportunities in the area.
- Contact a local museum or other cultural institutions or get in touch with similar organizations that can point you in the right direction.
- Ask libraries, religious organizations, and community colleges if they sponsor any volunteer groups.
- Source: Big Future by The College Board