Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Carmen "Beth" Furr
Hello! My name is Beth Furr and I am so excited to be a part of the 2021-2022 PLC team! I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Special Education at UNC-Charlotte where I graduated with Summa Cum Laude honors in 2010. Since that time I have added the following certifications to my license: High School English (grades 9-12), Middle School English & Math (grades 6-8). This semester at the PLC I will be teaching English I,II, III, and IV (including Credit Recovery). When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, playing in the dirt (gardening), and trying out new recipes.
The PLC is a great place for learning. We always have great students and a very supportive staff--this year will be no different:)
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have throughout the year. I am here to help you in any way that I can.
What to Do for My Course
1. First set up school email
Please set up your school email if you have not done so in the past or if you are new to Cabarrus County Schools.
Type or copy to your browser: login.microsoftonline.com
Your username is:
first initial last name and last 4 digits of student number (just like you sign in computer with) @cabarrus.k12.nc.us
Password (if asked) is your student number
Choose your time zone (Eastern)
You should now see several app icons
(mail, word, powerpoint, etc) These tools are for you to use at school and at home when you login to the link above.
**Please communicate with me via school email (no personal emails please).
2. Next, Enroll on my Canvas Course
Enroll in your course. Here is the link to my Canvas English course:
* Credit Recovery Courses will be completed on Edgenuity so you will use your Edgenuity login to access: https://auth.edgenuity.com/Login/Login/Student
3. Enroll in my Readtheory.org class
1. Go to Readtheory.org
2. Select "Sign up" as new student (even if you have been enrolled before)
3. Complete the form and USE THIS CODE TO JOIN MY CLASS:
Prepare for Class/Your Daily Routine:
*BE HERE-ATTENDANCE WILL BE THE KEY TO YOUR SUCCESS AND COURSE COMPLETION!
*Open your CANVAS course and email. (Make sure you have joined the course as instructed above).
*Have a notebook and pen/pencil ready to take notes.
* Your English course has been designed to work at a pace with me so that I can have whole class instruction at designated times in a blended learning environment.
Good attendance and daily task completion will be the key to success in my classroom.
REMOTE SCHOOL DAYS INSTRUCTIONS
In the event the district calls for a "REMOTE SCHOOL DAY", you will need to join my MS TEAMS course by clicking on this link: Mrs. Furr's MS TEAMS MEETING LINK
1. Join the link at the beginning of your regular scheduled class period. This is how you will be counted for attendance, so be sure you are on time. We will then go over your assignment for the day.
2. Make sure you are dressed appropriately.
3. If you have any trouble getting into the MS TEAMS meeting, ALWAYS email me so we can figure it out together.
Helpful Websites to Use this Semester