Welcome to AP Biology!
AP Biology is an introductory college-level biology course. Students cultivate their understanding of biology through inquiry-based investigations as they explore the following topics: evolution, cellular processes — energy and communication, genetics, information transfer, ecology, and interactions. Students should have successfully completed high school courses in biology and chemistry.
The course is based on four Big Ideas, which encompass core scientific principles, theories, and processes that cut across traditional boundaries and provide a broad way of thinking about living organisms and biological systems. The following are Big Ideas:
- The process of evolution explains the diversity and unity of life.
- Biological systems utilize free energy and molecular building blocks to grow, to reproduce, and to maintain dynamic homeostasis.
- Living systems store, retrieve, transmit, and respond to information essential to life processes.
- Biological systems interact, and these systems and their interactions possess complex properties.
Online sites used that need codes or some form of class registration:
- Remind codes:
- 1st Block - text @dd22hfd to the number 81010 or click HERE
- 4th Block - text @99dk67 to the number 81010 or click HERE
- Edpuzzle codes:
- 1st Block - Click Here (or rodcopa) - If making a new accoung please use your google account because it will make it easier to watch videos at school
- 4th Block - Click Here (or afevado) - If making a new accoung please use your google account because it will make it easier to watch videos at school
- Gizmo code:
- Quizlet Class - https://quizlet.com/join/msqUtvAye (Quizlet)