For Parents of Students Who Have Medications at School

    • Parents (or trusted adult) should deliver medications to school. 
    • If the nurse is not available, medication may be left with the front office staff, who will secure it.


    Start of Each School Year


    • A new medication authorization form is needed each school year.
    • Each medication needs its own form.
    • A doctor must complete and sign the form. The parent also signs the form. 
    • Please bring the completed form and the medication at the same time.
    • Forms may be downloaded & printed from here, or picked up from any Cabarrus County School.
    • If the medication is for a food allergy, don't forget the diet order! Also available at the link above.


    End of Each School Year


    • Medications must be picked up by an adult at the end of each school year, or be destroyed.  We cannot store medication over the summer.
    • You may also pick up new forms to have completed over the summer.