School Registration Information
A student in Cabarrus County Schools is assigned to the elementary, middle, or high school serving the attendance area in which the student's parent(s) or court-appointed guardian/custodian resides. Information regarding attendance zones may be found here https://www.cabarrus.k12.nc.us/realignment
Parents/Legal Guardians of students new to a school in the district are asked to bring the following to their assigned school to begin the enrollment process:
In compliance with Federal Law, Cabarrus County Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.
- Photo Identification of Parent/Legal Guardian (sources may include NCDL or ID, Matricula Consular, Work Authorization Card, Border Crossing Card, Permanent Resident Card, Passport, Visitor's Visa)
- Proof of Domicile - (Two (2) sources - One (1) from each source)
Source 1: Deed, lease, or property tax statement showing the property is owned or rented by you and is within the school's boundarySource 2: Current driver's license, motor vehicle registration with correct address or current statement (e.g. bank statement, utility bill or Medicaid card) with correct address.
- Child's Birth Certificate with Parent Name(s)Child's Immunization Records (Students who do not have this medical information completed 30 days following the start of school will not be allowed to attend until the requirements are met)
Kindergarten Registration Information
Cabarrus County Schools welcomes you and your child to Kindergarten! Registering your child during our Spring Registration helps facilitate a smooth transition into Kindergarten! Any child who reaches the age of five years old on or before August 31, 2020 is eligible to register for Kindergarten.We are excited to offer early registration beginning March 1, 2020! Please visit our Kindergarten Online Registration Enrollment webpage to enroll your child.When registering for kindergarten, you will need the following documents:
Additionally, families and their rising Kindergarten students are welcome to visit the elementary school in their child's attendance area for tours, activities and resources on one of the following dates:
- Photo ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- Child's Birth Certificate with Parent name(s)
- Child's Immunization Record
- Proof of Domicile (2 required, see above)
- Kindergarten Health Assessment and Immunizations: This is required by North Carolina Statute. Students who do not have this completed after 30 days following the start of school will not be allowed to attend until the requirements are met. All schools and local physicians are aware of the requirements and have the proper forms that are needed for documentation.
- April 6th anytime between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm or 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- April 7th anytime between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm
Kindergarten Early Admission Information
Early admission to kindergarten is defined by North Carolina General Statute 115-364(d) and states:
a child who has reached the age of 4 on or before April 16 may enter kindergarten if: The child is presented for enrollment no later than the end of the first month of the school year; and the principal of the school finds, based on information submitted by the child's parent or guardian, that the child is gifted and that the child has the maturity to justify admission to the school. A child eligible to enter school early shall be precocious in academic and social development and score at the 98th percentile on a standard individual test of aptitude and achievement, that shall be administered by a licensed psychologist (click on "state policy" link above to review entire policy). * Cabarrus County Schools does not administer nor pay for the administration of early admission tests.For additional information, refer to Kindergarten Early Entry Information.
Kindergarten Transition Resources
ReadyRosie is the first online resource that provides families with a daily, modeled activity for adults to do with children, from infancy up to age six.
Two-minute videos called "modeled moments" arrive each Monday morning in your email inbox and/or text message. Each video shows a math, language arts, or vocabulary activity in English or Spanish that you can do with your child. These two-minute activities are simple, easy, fun and help you connect to and build on your child’s learning at school! You and your child can do the activities at home, at the grocery store, at the park, or on the go! This video provides an overview for parents.
If you would like to receive the ReadyRosie videos, please go to https://app.readyrosie.com/en/register to register.