As a Junior Marshal, your responsibilities are as follows:
Participate in the Awards Ceremony & Press Release photo which will occur on Friday, May 24th during school. You must arrive fully dressed at school by no later than 6:40am.
Assist with the Senior Picnic which will occur on Friday, May 24th during 4th period at school.
Participate in the graduation practice on Wednesday, June 12th at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center. Practice begins at 2:30 p.m. You should plan to be at the arena at 1:45 p.m. and stay until at least 4:45 p.m. We will be discussing more details closer to the practice date.
Assist with the task of assembling graduation programs prior to the graduation ceremony. We will assemble the programs on either (TBD) Thursday June 13th
Participate in the graduation ceremony on Friday, June 14th at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center. Graduation begins at 7:30 p.m. You will be expected to be there from 6:20 p.m. until approximately 9:30 p.m.
Failure to participate in the responsibilities outlined above will result in your forfeiting of the honor of Junior Marshal. In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, you must fulfill ALL of the Junior Marshal Responsibilities. If you have potential conflicts with the dates and times listed above, see Mrs. Janssen in room 608 as soon as possible. Reasonable conflicts will be considered.Junior Marshal Important Duties/ Dates:
- TO BE DETERMINED- Option 2 Tuxedo Fitting
- Wednesday May 15th immediately after school in room 608- Option 1 Dress Approval (full dress)
- Friday May 24th Awards Day & Press Release Photo- be at school in full dress. Meet in the auditorium at 6:40 am (breakfast will be provided)
- Wednesday June 12th 1:45 am-4:45pm Graduation Practice at the Cabarrus Arena
- Thursday June 13th time TBD working on putting tassels on programs in 608
- Friday June 14th 6:20-9:30pm GRADUATION 7:30pm (full dress)
Don’t forget to sign up for Remind101 using 81010 and the class code @jmrhsjm
Appropriate Attire- Option 1: Dress
You will need to wear a dress that meets the following criteria:
- Solid Black
- At the knee and above the floor
- Must not show any part of the chest, behind or midriff
- May be sleeveless but must not be halter or spaghetti strap. Straps for sleeveless dresses must be 3 inches wide.
- Solid black shoes.
- Bring your dress to school on Wednesday, May 15th for inspection. You will wear your dress and shoes for the inspection. This will occur after school in room 608 at 2:30p.m.
Appropriate Attire- Option 2: Tuxedo
You will be wearing a black classic tuxedo. Hope’s Bridal will be coming to the school to measure you for your tuxedo on a date TBD. The rental fee is $100.00 (this is the total price for 2 dates: Awards Day & Graduation) please have your check made out to Hope’s Bridal and bring it with you on this date. If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact Mrs. Janssen as soon as possible so that she can make arrangements for you.