Welcome to Mrs. Mergel's Classroom!
Degrees and Certifications:
BA of General Education Birth- Grade 6 BA of Special Education Birth- Age 21 MA of Special Education with an Annotation in Severe and Multiple Disabilities Birth- Age 21
Welcome back Beacons to the 2020-2021 school year!!!
My name is Mrs. Lauren Mergel. I am the 1-5 Structured Learning Teacher for Charles E. Boger Elementary School. This upcoming year will be my eighth full year with the Beacon family and my tenth year working in a self-contained class for students with Autism and Developmental Disabilities. I am trained in Crisis Prevention Intervention (management of behaviors to ensure safe outcomes by de-escalating moments of crisis) as well as the TEACCH method.
I am a Native New Yorker who has been living in North Carolina with my husband and dog for 8 years. I love teaching and I cannot wait to spend the year getting to know and working with all my students.
Teacher Contact Information
Mrs. Lauren MergelLauren.Mergel@cabarrus.k12.nc.usPhone: 704-260-6130Fax: 704-794-6232
Boger Elementary Rules
Be RespectfulBe ResponsibleBe Safe
Mrs. Mergel's Classroom Rules
- Listen to the teacher and other adults.
- Listen to others when it is their turn to talk.
- We keep our hands/feet to ourselves.
- Respect each other and ourselves.
- Always have looking eyes.
- Always have listening ears.
- Have a quiet mouth during work time.
- Have helping hands.
- Have walking feet in the school building.