Cabarrus County Schools welcomes you and your child to Kindergarten! Registering your child during our Spring Registration helps facilitate a smooth transition into Kindergarten! Any child who reaches the age of five years old on or before August 31, 2020 is eligible to register for Kindergarten.
When registering for kindergarten, you will need the following documents:
- Photo ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- Child's Birth Certificate with Parent name(s)
- Child's Immunization Record
- Proof of Domicile (2 required, see above)
- Kindergarten Health Assessment and Immunizations: This is required by North Carolina Statute. Students who do not have this completed after 30 days following the start of school will not be allowed to attend until the requirements are met. All schools and local physicians are aware of the requirements and have the proper forms that are needed for documentation.
Additionally, families and their rising Kindergarten students are welcome to visit the elementary school in their child's attendance area for tours, activities and resources on one of the following dates:
- April 6th anytime between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm or 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- April 7th anytime between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm