Applying to a 4 Year CollegeYou will need to submit:
- College Application (typically colleges prefer that you apply online)
- Transcript (you can send your own transcript through CFNC, request one from the guidance office, request that it be sent through SendEDU, or request that it be sent through Common App)
- SAT/ACT scores (must send at least one set of scores through www.collegeboard.org (SAT) or www.actstudent.org (ACT))
Colleges may also require:
- Letter(s) of Recommendation-Fill out the Recommendation Request Form and give to each person you ask to write a letter.
- Essay(s) or Personal Statement
- Additional Testing
Applying to a Community College:
- Community College Application (typically colleges prefer that you apply online)
- Transcript (can be sent through CFNC or you can request one from guidance to send via mail)
Seniors will meet in a large group assembly at the beginning of the year for advisement in starting the college application process. Each senior will receive their senior folder at this time, which includes important information about the application process. Following this meeting, each senior will also meet with their counselor for an individual appointment to discuss their college/career plans following high school. Students are highly encouraged to bring questions to this meeting.
Visiting a college campus?
If you are visiting a college please fill out the Campus Visit Score Card attached here and turn it into the attendance office when you return. You are allowed up to 2 excused absences for colleges visits.If you are not able to visit the college in person, check out this website for virtual campus tours!