Grade Promotion Standards
To be Considered a . . . .
You must have earned . . .
Junior 13 credits
Senior 19 credits
New Grading Scale for 2015 and beyond:
Calculating Your GPA
Follow these steps to calculate your grade point average(GPA):
- For every final course grade, identify the number of quality points received.
- Add the total number of quality points you have earned for every class you have taken in high school and divide by the number of courses.
- Include all classes, regardless of whether you passed or failed.
- For Honors classes, add one extra quality point to get your weighted GPA. For 9th grade students entering high school 2015-2016, 1/2 quality point will be given for Honors classes.
- For AP classes, add two extra quality points to get your weighted GPA. For 9th grade students entering high school 2015-2016, one quality point will be given for AP classes.