Mrs. Michelle Rengert is the HRHS Graduation Coach and MTSS Coordinator who facilitates individual and school-wide efforts to help all students be successful. Dropout Prevention is a combined effort of the student, parents, school staff members and community agencies to better support individual students and help them towards their graduation goals.
Attendance is often a predictor of success in school. If your child has attendance issues, Mrs. Regnert will work along side of Mr. Bellissimo meeting with students individually as well as makes home visits. As a reminder, student that has more than eight absences in a course during each ninety day semester may not receive credit for that course.
Click here to view an interesting YouTube video on high school dropouts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFbvXqjVNEU
Dropout Prevention Strategies
- YES Center (computer based credit recovery)
- PLC: Performance Learning Center (alternative school)
- CTE Classes (career technical education)
- Glen Center (opportunity school)
- Penn Foster (online high school)
- Tarheel Challenge (military-type school)
- NC Virtual Public School (online courses)
- Learn and Earn, I School, Huskins
- Mentor Program (adult mentors help academically struggling students)
Top 10 Reasons Why Students Dropout
- Grade Retention
- Low academic achievement
- Classes weren’t interesting
- Friends not interested in school
- No personal connection to school
- No extracurricular participation
- Too much freedom at home
- No family support
- Lack of motivation
What do I need to do if I'm concerned about my child?
Communication is key! Communicate with your child's teachers, counselors, and coaches on a regular basis.
Who refers students to Mrs. Rengert
- Be willing to consider alternatives to your child's education. Review the "dropout prevention strategies" to find out what educational alternatives are available for your child.
- Get involved with your child's school and education.
- Find resources such as tutoring, community agencies, academic coaches, volunteer work, etc. for your child.
- Staff members