JMR Key Club
President: Grant WoodardVice President: Corban MillsSecretary: Madi KirkmanTreasurer: Ethan BaileyEditor: Meredith Kirkman
Remind.comText the message "@jmrkey1819" to 81010(If you signed up for this last year, you will need to do it again since it is a new year!)
Twitter & InstagramFollow us - @JMRKeyClubGo to an event and need to send a picture to get your points? Have a question for club officers about projects or points? Send it to our e-mail account at:Have a question for Mrs. Rush about the club? Send it to her at:Points**The links below will become live at the end of October after all dues are officially collected**To check the current status of your points, click HERE.If you believe there is an error with your points, fill out the Point Request Form by clicking HERE. A form will be sent to Megan and she will get back to you as soon as possible about any issues with your points.
Important Info and Signups
- Fall Rally at Carowinds is an annual meeting of Key Clubs from around North and South Carolina. We will meet up on Sunday, Oct. 7th at the park, receive important information about Key Club, listen to a speaker, and then enjoy our day in the park.
- This is a great way to discover is Key Club is the right fit for you!
- Permission forms were handed out at the interest meeting. If you missed the meeting, see Mrs. Rush in room 336 for all the info you need, including pricing for the event.
Key Club Kids Care
- The 9/28 Key Club Kids Care has been cancelled since that date is now a make-up day. Stay tuned for more information about our next one.
Splash & Dash and Y Kids Tri @ West Cabarrus YMCA
- The West Cabarrus YMCA is in need of volunteers to help work their annual Splash & Dash family event and the Y Kids Tri event on the afternoon of Sunday, September 30th. Both of these events are on the same day!
- They need us to fill up these spots!
- Each shift is 2-2.5 hours long and you will receive 3 SERVICE points for the shift that you work.
- You are expected to arrive at the YMCA 15 minutes before your shift begins so that you can be in the right space. (Unless noted otherwise on the sign up genius)
- Due to limited parking, you are encouraged to carpool with friends that are volunteering as well if necessary.
- If you would like to sign up for the Splash and Dash event, click HERE. This is the earlier of the two events.
- If you would like to sign up for the Y Kids Tri event, click HERE. This event is later in the day from 4-7. If you work one of the shifts that require you to arrive at 3:15, you will receive 4 SERVICE points instead of 3.
- YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO WORK AT BOTH EVENTS THAT DAY AND RACK UP SOME SERVICE POINTS!
Hayrides for MS
- For the past four years, our club has helped Mrs. Regina Hinson to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis research. In years past, this has been through a haunted hayride contest between us and other schools. Unfortunately, due to events beyond our control, the haunting aspect of the hayride has been cancelled.
- We are still committed to helping Mrs. Hinson with her fundraising goal, however. This year we will be helping on weekends in October from 3-6 pm while hayrides for kids are being offered.
- Each weekend in October is in need of 5 volunteers for each day. There are varying shifts that can be found on the signup genius linked below. Each shift is worth 3 SERVICE POINTS!
- All spots need to be signed up for by September 28th.
- If you would like to sign up for one or more shifts, click HERE.
PLEASE CHECK THIS WEBSITE REGULARLY! NEW SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES ARE POSTED OFTEN!
September 20 - Fall Rally money due, next meeting
September 28 - Key Club Kids Care
October 4 - Meeting Date
October 18 - Meeting Date, Last day to turn in dues
You are allowed to receive up to 15 out of club points for non-Key Club oriented service that you provide. It is preferred that you continue to focus your efforts on helping women and children. To earn these points, you need to fill out the points form appropriately and turn it in to Mrs. Rush or our club secretary. The officers will then discuss your out-of-club work and decide if it is worthy of points or not. Double dipping between multiple clubs to get points is not permitted. You may still submit the points but you are not guaranteed to receive them. Typically speaking you will receive one point for every hour of service that you complete.