Welcome to Bethel's Media Center where learning is fun, and curiosity is encouraged. Enthusiasm abounds as we read, tell and listen to stories, play games, research topics, act out plays and perform puppet shows. Formulating ideas and locating and using information are our main goals in the Media Center, and we accomplish these goals by integrating subjects and making connections between what we are learning and the world around us.
Scholastic Book Fair
Our next Book Fair is in February.
Daily 8:15 am – 3:00 pm
- Encourage your child to read.
- Show an interest in the books that your child brings home.
- Read with your child on a daily basis.
- Encourage your child to take care of library materials.
- Provide a safe place for him/her to keep library materials at home.
- Help your child to remember to return their books.
- Use the Public Library with your chid.
- Provide close supervision when your child is using the Internet at home.
- Be enthusiastic about reading and learning.
- Enjoy reading yourself.
Media Center Policies
- Open checkout Monday - Friday
- Students check in and out independently
- Kindergarten and 1st grade check out 1 book
- 2nd grade checks out 2 books
- 3rd - 5th grades check out 3 books
- Checkout is for 2 weeks, but students usually return them weekly.
- There are no fines for overdue books, but books must be returned before new books can be checked out.
- Students are responsible for books checked out and must pay for any books lost or damaged.
- Students are welcome in the Media Center to check out or research at any time.
Phone: 704 888-5811 ext 1407
Degrees and Certifications:
Masters Library and Information Studies/ National Board Certification
Mrs. Melissa Buchanan
Children, books, teaching. learning, and family are my passions. I am very lucky to work at Bethel Elementary where I am surrounded daily by my passions. This is my 11th year at Bethel, and every minute has been a blessing. My son and both daughters are all Bethel graduates. I have a BA in English and a high school English teaching certificate. I was a storyteller at the public library for 7 years before deciding to return to school to get my Masters. I completed my Masters in Library and Information Studies and received National Board Certification. I am very enthusiastic about reading and learning, and I truly believe that enthusiasm is contagious. I look forward to getting to know your children and helping them become life long learners.