Enjoy the summer break!
Students return on Monday, August 28th
Wolf Meadow ES (year round) resumes on Tuesday, July 25th
The CCS School Social Work Team
Promoting Positive Change in CCS
School Social Work Association of America
For those who do not feel heard...school social workers listen.
For those who have unmet needs...school social workers advocate.
For those who feel marginalized...school social workers empower.
School Social Workers make positive change!
Overview of School Social Work Services
NC SSW Vision - To create nurturing relationships with students that enhance academic achievement and personal success as globally productive citizens in the 21st century. We utilize advocacy, leadership and collaboration to promote overall academic success by providing services that strengthen home, school and community partnerships and alleviate barriers to learning.
Our services in CCS include...
- Crisis Intervention
- Parent Education
- Family Outreach
- Information and Referral
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Case Management
- Attendance Monitoring/Investigations
- Dropout Prevention
- Graduation Awareness
- Support for Students Experiencing Homelessness
increase academic success
improve relationships with peers
cope with challenging life events
improve self-esteem and self-discipline
learn problem-solving skills
learn decision making skills
become resilient, successful learners
- understand the educational and developmental goals of their children
- advocate on behalf of their children regarding school performance
- link with helpful school and community resources
- understand school policies, programs and services
- identify and celebrate family strengths that promote academic success
- understand family, cultural, school and community factors that may impact student performance
- link with families to address obstacles to academic success
- develop and implement strategies to enhance academic success
- understand child abuse and neglect reporting laws, procedures and policies
- address social, emotional and behavioral challenges of students
- coordinate school and community resources to meet student and family needs
Mr. John Basilice
Director of Student Services
Ms. Amy Jewell
Student Services Coordinator
P.O. Box 388Concord, NC 28026
Questions about our site?
Ms. Nina G. Wilkerson
CCS School Social Worker