Degrees and Certifications:
I am the Family and Consumer Science teacher at MPHS. This is my 24th year in education. I have a BS degree from North Carolina Central University and a Master's degree from Scranton University. I am a National Board Certified Teacher. I hold a certification as a ServSafe Food Protection Manager as well as a ServSafe Proctor & Administrator Certification. I am looking forward to another great school year!
Ms. McCorkle's 2nd Semester Schedule
1st Block- Foods & Nutrition 1- 7:15 a.m.- 8:35 a.m.
Tiger Time/P2 Lesson- 8:40 a.m.- 9:35 a.m.
2nd Block- Foods & Nutrition 2- 9:40 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
3rd Block- Planning 11:05 a.m.- 12:50 p.m.
4th Block- Foods & Nutrition 1- 12:55 p.m.- 2:15 p.m.
Google Voice Phone Number:
3-ring binder (1 inch or larger)
Markers or colored pencils
1st Block Foods 1
Remind Code- @k66f67
2nd Block Foods 1
Remind Code- @679923
4th Block Foods 2
Here are some resources that are available for class use.Money Management Resources
Eating Disorders Resources
Information on the different types of eating disorders including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder.
Ms. McCorkle's Face-to-face Classroom Rules
- Cell phones- put away cell phones unless it is “BYOT” day.
- Stay seated and working on the lesson until the bell rings.
- Be on time. Tardy– sweep policy will apply.
- Be prepared- Have your materials and be in your assigned seat when the tardy bell rings.
- Respect teacher and classmates.
- Follow all MPHS rules and policies.