Outdoor Mask Guidance for Students
- Based on the Governor’s Executive Order 209 masks are no longer required for outdoor activities
- Effective Date: April 30, 2021 at 5:00 pmIn situations where students are not actively participating and unable to physically distance, they are strongly encouraged to wear masks
- Physical Distancing is defined on Pgs. 7 & 8 of the NCDHHS StrongSchoolsNC Toolkit
- When eating indoors or outdoors, students do not need to wear masks
- Reference regarding eating is on Pg. 9 of the NCDHHS StrongSchoolsNC Toolkit
- Quarantine protocol still applies whether students are indoors or outdoors and/or wearing masks or no masks.
- If a student is exposed to a person(s) with a confirmed COVID-19 case and they have been within 6 feet for 15 or more minutes(mask or no mask); the student must be quarantined unless it is after 2 weeks of being fully vaccinated.