The Cabarrus County Board of Education voted 5-to-2 to require masks for students and staff to begin the 2021-2022 school year. The BOE discussed and voted on this and other COVID-19 school safety guidelines at a Called Meeting on Monday, Aug. 16th.
- All board members, visitors to school buildings, staff, and children in grades PreK-12 shall wear masks indoors, including school and activity buses, unless actively eating
- Children should maintain 3 feet social distancing to the fullest extent possible
- Children will be allowed mask breaks throughout the day
- Appropriate wearing (covering the mouth and nose) with approved masks (excluding neck Gaiters) is expected at all times
- A medical exemption may be applied for due to an issue that is exacerbated by COVID-19
- Staff shall socially distance at least 6 feet to the fullest extent possible
- CCS will follow the recommendations outlined in the Department of Health and Human Services StrongSchoolsNC Public Health Toolkit for isolation and quarantines
This matter will be addressed at the next business meeting of this school board with guidance from the COVID-19 Task Force and recommendation by the Superintendent.