Hickory Ridge High School, located in Harrisburg, NC, is a 224,000 sq. ft. facility with a student capacity of 1500, built on 106 acres.
- Opened in the fall of 2007
- Comprehensive High School
- Grades 9 - 12
- Full Academic Curriculum
- Full Athletic Program
- Complete Band Program
Hickory Ridge High School is the home of the Ragin' Bulls!
To the right is the crest of our school. Our colors are navy blue, silver, and white with the following meanings:
- Blue - Truth and Loyalty
- White and Silver - Peace and Sincerity
- Horns of the Bull - Valour, Bravery, Generosity, Strength, and Fortitude
The Hickory Ridge High School's vision is to be a learning community which will stimulate intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, problem solving, and literacy in all students while promoting respectful, responsible, and well-rounded global citizens.
We believe these things about people:
- All people have worth.
- All people can learn and succeed in different ways at different times.
- All people grow and learn best in a caring, inviting, respectful, and disciplined environment that ensures success.
We believe these things about human behavior:
- Diversity within our community enriches and strengthens our society and requires interaction and collaboration among all people.
- Change is inevitable and requires courage and innovation for personal growth and progress.
- Ethical conduct is a necessary foundation for all human relationships.
- Individuals are ultimately responsible for his/her actions.
We believe theses things about quality:
- Learning is a life long process that enhances the quality of life.
- Powerful relationships exists between the expectations and levels of performance.
- Striving for the best is always worth the effort.
- Effective communication is vital to a person's and organization's productivity.
- Success breeds success.
We believe these things about partnerships:
- Shared vision coupled with teamwork strengthens an organization's purpose and effectiveness.
- Education is shared responsibility and a vital function of the entire community; All people are responsible for contributing to the community; The family is the primary influence in the development of every individual.